Help us shape the future
of transportation across
the Charlotte region.
The Charlotte region is an exceptional place to live, work, and play. Our vibrancy is why so many people choose to put roots down here and why we’re only going to keep growing.
We are challenged to create a transportation system that serves everyone sustainably. The steps we take now will create long-term solutions that:
- Connect all communities,
- Improve our safety,
- Elevate our health, and
- Ensure reliable access to the resources we all need to thrive.
We’re the Charlotte Regional Transportation Coalition. We need your help today to shape and to build safe and accessible transportation networks for everyone to reach work, shops, and fun .
Email CRTCleadership@gmail.com for an invitation to our next Charlotte Regional Transportation Coalition event or workshop. Events are held in-person once per quarter.
don’t have access to a car
(Charlotte Strategic Mobility Plan. 2022.)
of owning a car in Charlotte
(H+T Affordability Index. 2023.)
A region that’s fully and equally connected.
The potential benefits
are huge for all of us.
All neighborhoods deserve equitable access to the opportunities, resources, and experiences Charlotte has to offer.
What’s possible for all of us.
We envision a vibrant Charlotte region that’s fully connected through investments in walking, biking, and public transit options — safe, sustainable, and equitable options that enhance the quality of life for all people and communities.
- Advocating now for the creation of more transportation options that connect to more areas.
- Getting support for reaching underserved neighborhoods. Locating and closing the gaps between existing transportation choices.
- Creating safer, dedicated walking and biking paths.
- Making optimal use of greenways and building new ones.
- Demonstrating new methods that work.
- And building community enthusiasm for these changes.
Why does it matter? Because our transportation choices shape our lives. Safe, efficient, reliable transportation choices help us connect us to jobs, education, housing, healthcare, healthy food options, recreation, the arts, and each other.